Last updated – 22nd October 2019
The Temple of Fine Arts Malaysia (existing and established under the laws of the Malaysia whose registered office is at 116, Jalan Berhala, Brickfields, 50470 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur)
Who are we?
TFA is a registered not-for-profit organisation dedicated to the advancement of arts and culture in Malaysia. The institution is dedicated to the promotion of all form of the Arts, whether Dance, Music, Performing Arts, Visual Arts or Culinary Arts.
What do we do?
- Conducts dance, music and drama classes at affordable rates and provides partial / full scholarships to those in need of financial support;
- Collaborates with local and international schools and renowned artistes.
- Provides a regular platform for budding artistes to showcase their work
- Advocates versatility in the expression of the Arts
- Presents bi-annual flagship productions as a love offering to the art loving public on a pay-as-you-wish basis at the annual Shantanand Festival of Arts
What is SFA?
The aims of SFA are :
- To create interest, spread awareness and sustain Malaysia’s rich and diverse cultural heritage in the fields of Performing Arts, Visual Arts & Culinary Art.
- To present Malaysian art lovers the opportunity of witnessing spectacular performances by renowned national and international artists.
- Inspire and motivate the Youth of today to delve into the realm and richness of the Arts by providing insight and interaction with the creative artistic process.
- To contribute to the efforts of the Malaysian Government to make Malaysia a major Cultural and Tourist destination.
SFA presents a myriad feast of Classical & Contemporary Music, Classical Dance, Visual Arts, Performing Arts & Culinary arts performed by renowned national artists as well as talented local & regional artists.
To make the Festival truly participative and encouraging young talents, the Festival hosts Workshops on music, dance and other art related events.
What data do we collect?
Our aim is not to be intrusive, and we undertake not to ask irrelevant or unnecessary questions. Moreover, the information you provide will be subject to rigorous measures and procedures to minimise the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure. TFA will collect one or more of the following types of data about you:
Name, Address, Email Address, Phone numbers
Questions in addition to your name and contact information that you might be asked when you completed an online form
Details of orders placed, billing and delivery address details.
Payment checking information
Checks made when processing card payments, for example, fraud and card misuse checks.
IP address(es) and browsing activity from our services.
Details of communications sent to, and received by an individual.
We will collect data on the capacity that you attended the event, for example as a visitor or as an exhibitor.
Why do we collect this data?
TFA will use the data we collect for a number of different reasons. The specific reason which we process your data will vary from event to event but will contain one or more of the following:
- Your Entry to the event:
- Communications with you on behalf of the event organiser.
- Delivery of tickets/passes via post/email
- Suggest Exhibitors/products of interest
- Enable you to update your privacy settings
- Process orders and financial transactions
How do we use this data?
TFA will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the Malaysian PDPA laws. We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary. TFA is required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for tax and audit purposes. How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices. Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on individual business needs.
Will you receive communications from us?
You will receive communication from us, on behalf of the event organisers when once you have completed the registration process, with your confirmation and booking references, you may also receive follow up reminder for the event and event specific updates. You may also be contacted by the event organiser about other similar events or occurrence of the same event. If you are attending the event in an exhibitor capacity, you may receive emails directly from TFA in relation to lead capture devices for hire during the event. TFA may also communicate directly with event organisers about its products or services.
Is your data shared with anyone?
TFA will not pass on your personal data to third parties without first gaining your consent. In some cases where we are legally obliged, we may need to share your data with law enforcement services.
Our Legal basis for processing
In some cases, you may have made a financial transaction with us meaning that there are legal obligations for us to process and hold your data. Our legal basis for processing will be one or more of the following:
- Contractual Obligation:
You have entered into a contract with TFA or the Client for which TFA is processing data on behalf of.
- Legitimate Interest
The client or TFA believe that there is a legitimate interest for your data to be processed
You have Consented, (opted in) to a receive communications or service provided by TFA or their client.
How long will your data be stored for?
TFA will process personal data for the duration of the contract with the client for which we are processing the data on behalf of. TFA will destroy or anonymise the data 12 months after the termination of the contract for which we are processing the data for.
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access– you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification– you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten– in certain circumstances, you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing– where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability– you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object– you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling– you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review – in the event that TFA refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain to the supervisory authority as details under “complaints”.
Can I find out the personal data that the organisation holds about me?
TFA at your request can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. If TFA does hold personal data about you, you can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to process your data. In some cases, this will be a representative in the EU.
- Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of [Organisation Name] or a third party, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
What forms of ID will I need to provide in order to access this?
In order to safeguard your data, requests to access this information must be accompanied with identification, you will need to provide 2 forms of identification from the following list:
- Driving licence
- Birth certificate
- Utility bill from the last 3 months.
Contact Information and Complaints
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by TFA or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority and TFA’s data protection representatives with the details below.
The Temple of Fine Arts Malaysia
116, Jalan Berhala,
50470 Kuala Lumpur